Monday, September 29, 2014

The "100 Year" Flood

         For those who didn't hear, a few weeks ago, Arizona endured an insane and terrifying rain storm which apparently, we are calling the "100 Year" Flood...(hence the title)

It came out of no where. It being near the end of monsoon season, people never expected us to get hit with such a heavy rainstorm. But it happened. Not only was it beautiful, but it was also miserable. It rained for so long, EVERYTHING was flooded! People's homes, the school's, the street's, the freeway's, stores....we definitely weren't prepared for something like this.



 This picture was taken at 6:30 in the morning. I am at a park that was flooded all the way up to the top of the hill and was even over-flowing a little bit into the street on the other side.

This is my Dad's workshop with tons of electrical equipment in it. I know that it was stupid of me to go walking in there, but I'll be totally honest. I didn't even think about it until after I was already all the way in there.
This was later on in the day near the end of work for me. I took Mickey (the little boy that I nanny), outside to play in the puddles. He really enjoyed it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment